Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Photographer 2: Catherine Opie

I have no been very good at posting the people I have been looking at as inspiration for my project and work in general. This is me catching up...

Catherine Opie is an American photographer who has done much work focusing on what effects my everyday life: family.

She says, "Basically what I did then, and I still do now is wander around with my camera to describe my relationship to the world and where I live.”

One work in specifically she did that I truly appreciate is her In and Around Home series. In this series she goes into the homes of families and takes photos of their everyday life... the families with same sex parents.


Although for my individual blurb book I did not quite get what I had anticipated, her work will prove to inspire me to keep trying even after the final is turned in.

No comments:

Post a Comment