Tuesday, February 14, 2012

snow tracks



I'm feeling so nostalgic over the snow. I miss Michigan and all of the wonders it encompassed. I'm so glad I moved... but I miss the snow. I miss cloudy lounge days that seemed to happen every other day.

I also miss the tracks that you leave in the snow. It is a simple reminder that time is most a memory. Tracks in snow, sand, or mud; the dust outline of a lamp that hasn't moved in years; even hardened toothpaste on a mirror - those are all just moments imply what was, what will never be again. Yes, I will walk more, and move furniture, and will certainly brush my teeth - but that moment on that day will never again happen.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely words. Time & memory is such a strange construct. It is one of the only things that we truly can possess, if only for a seconds.

    ReplyDelete